The realme 8i mobile with a giant battery, with competitive pricing, and distinctive cameras in the price category, we address everything small and large in the new version, with a review of the advantages and disadvantages.
A new phone with a competitive hardware design, at a good price for the new version of the company realme The Chinese realme 8i, which combines elegance in design, and strength in hardware, despite falling in the economic category, is one of the best-selling and competitive categories at the same time.
We will review the most accurate details of the phone, in order to highlight to the reader the most important advantages and disadvantages, and is it worth the price, but in the beginning we get to know the most important characteristics of the mobile:-
An eye-catching design with distinctive reflections.
Realme UI 2.0 interface, with the latest versions of Android Android 11.
6.6-inch IPS LCD screen with Full HD Plus resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, and 600 nits brightness.
Mediatek Helio G96 octa-core processor with precision, 12nm manufacturing.
Mali-G57 MC2 gaming and graphics processor.
UFS 2.1 internal storage, there are two versions with a capacity of 64/4 and 128/6 GB RAM, with the ability to add an additional storage card.
3 rear cameras with a resolution of 50 – 2 – 2 megapixels, with the ability to shoot in 1080p.
16 MP front camera with 1080p shooting capability.
A huge non-removable lithium polymer battery with a capacity of 5000 mAh, supporting fast charging with an 18W charger.
The fingerprint sensor is located on the right side of the phone, built into the power button.
realme 8i phone specifications
- At first glance, when looking at the design of the Realme 8i phone, we will find it an eye-catching design, characterized by dazzling reflections longitudinally, and when you highlight the back, you will be impressed by the reflections of light.
- The entire design, whether the back or frame is made of plastic, and this is normal for the price category, while the front of the mobile is made of glass.
- The rear cameras come inside a square frame in the same color as the back of the phone, and we note that the protrusion of the cameras is very small, almost unnoticeable.
- The selfie camera is inside a small bench hole at the top left of the screen.
- The weight of the mobile is 194 grams, which is not noticeably heavy, but of course this is due to the large battery size.
- The dimensions are 164.1 * 75.5 * 8.5 millimeters, and we note here that the mobile is somewhat thick.
- Support for communication networks up to the fourth generation, and there is no support for fifth generation networks, and the phone accepts only Nano SIM cards, and two SIMs can be installed together, and the two SIMs work together on standby mode.
- The phone is in the box with the latest Android system so far Android 11, of course with Realme UI 2.0 interface.
- The screen is not Super AMOLED, and this is considered to be normal to a large extent, as it will raise the cost of the phone, but in any case the screen is distinctive, and it is considered one of the distinctive screens in accuracy, as it comes from a 6.6-inch IPS LCD, with a full HD display Plus 2412 x 1080 pixels, with a pixel density of 400 pixels per inch in the screen, which is a distinctive resolution for a phone in the same price category.
- The dimensions of the screen are 20:9, and it occupies an area of 84.6% of the total area of the front end. What distinguishes the screen is the refresh rate of 120 Hz, which is a high rate compared to the price category, and it provides smooth and exceptional performance when navigating, in addition to a high brightness rate of 600 nits, which makes The rate of illumination is distinguished at all times of the day, even under the sun, or in poorly lit places.
- The processor is a good Mediatek Helio G96, eight cores (two cores at a frequency of 2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 – six cores at a frequency of 1.8 GHz of a type Cortex-A55).
- The processor is manufactured with a precision of 12 nanometers, which is a very good accuracy in power and battery consumption.
- Mali-G57 MC2 graphics processor.
- The mobile comes in two versions, the first 64/4 or 128/6 GB RAM, and the internal memory comes from the type UFS 2.1, and additional memory can be installed for storage, provided that it is a microSD type in a separate port.
- The battery is large, with a capacity of 5000 mAh, non-removable Li-Polymer, supports fast charging, and the mobile comes with an 18W charger.
- The USB Type-C 2.0 charging port supports OTG, a distinctive feature that allows the installation of an external flash directly into the charging port or via a cable, to transfer files directly without the need to connect the phone to the computer.
- The fingerprint sensor is built into the power button on the right side of the phone.
- External headphones can be installed via the headphone jack 3.5mm port.
- There is no NFC sensor.
- The mobile supports the most prominent Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac networks, in addition to supporting the main Wi-Fi features such as hotspot and Wi-Fi Direct.
- Bluetooth version 5.1.
- The sensors on the phone are accelerometer, proximity, compass and gyroscope.
- The mobile comes in two colors, purple and black.
Realme 8i Cameras
Some may think that the phone is in the economic category, it may be at the expense of the cameras, but the opposite is true, as the company has taken care of the photography experience as follows.
3 rear cameras with a single LED flash.
The primary camera is 50-megapixel, with an F1.8 lens slot, with a 26mm wide lens, and a 1/1.31-inch sensor.
The second is a macro to take pictures very close to the camera, with a accuracy of 2 megapixels, with an F2.4 lens slot.
The third camera is 2-megapixel, and it is dedicated to isolation, with an F2.4 lens slot.
The cameras support panorama and HDR modes.
Photography enthusiasts can shoot videos with the rear cameras in 1080p, at speeds of up to 30 frames per second.
The company also paid attention to the selfie camera, which comes with a 16-megapixel camera, with an F2.1 lens slot, with a 1/3.0-inch sensor.
The selfie camera can capture videos at up to 1080p at 30 frames per second.
Realme 8i phone price
If it is launched in Egypt, it is expected to be sold at a price of about 3000 Egyptian pounds.
It is also expected that the price of the phone in the world will reach 160 euros.
realme 8i phone features
- Very elegant design.
- Giant battery.
- Premium cameras in its price category.
- Competitive pricing.
- The screen resolution is outstanding.
Realme 8i phone disadvantages
- Charging speed is not the best.
- The mobile is a bit thick.
Realme 8i phone box contents
Realme 8i mobile.
The mobile is a profitable deal in any case, both in terms of screen resolution and smooth performance thanks to the 120Hz refresh rate, in addition to the exceptional cameras in the price category, and the giant battery, and there are powerful competing phones in the same category such as Vivo Y21 And Xiaomi Redmi 10.